Assault cases are commonly understood when the offender intentionally or irresponsibly caused apprehension of unlawful personal violence to a victim. The victim must anticipate that the offender will make personal violence for it to be categorized as an assault. This includes threats, threats using weapons, and other similar attacks. Others can ignore a simple threat but these assaults against you can be grave and deadly. These small crimes must not be neglected.
Each offense committed you are categorized to specific assault types:
1. Assault – It is a crime of violence against one another. These are typically a threat of injury that can cause harm to the other. It can be a verbal threat that would put the complainant in an uncomfortable state.
2. Assault with deadly weapon – Threats can also include deadly weapons such as a knife, gun, or any object that can cause pain.
3. Aggravated Battery – This assault case is filed when a deadly weapon injures the victim.
4. Assaults with battery – Verbal threats are followed with bodily injury and using of physical force.
5. Battery – This type of assault excludes a verbal threat. Battery is an action using physical force to cause pain and injury.
6. Sexual Assault and Battery – This crime involves verbal threat and physical force against another person to perform sexual acts without consent.
7. Domestic Assault and Battery – This type of assault happens inside the home where a family member is threatened and beaten by another family member.
If you have been assaulted, you must know your right. Some may just let these threats pass. But no matter the charge of these threats, the case can still be very serious. You must report the incident when assaults are made against you. Ask help on how to file assault cases. Seek for a good lawyer who can help you all throughout the case.
When assaults are filed, the police will require you for a medical documentation when battery is involved. There are Assault Lawyers who can defend you in these serious cases. They will give legal advices on how to solve such cases.
Assault lawyers will know what exact type of case you are to file in the court. They can represent you in hearings with conviction. Work with your lawyer. Prepare all evidences and proof to strengthen the case. Like any other legal cases, assault will always be treated fairly in court. An assault case can be a heinous act that the offender can be charged with numerous cases.