There are plenty of outstanding law firms in Dubai that can provide the certain type of legal assistance that are needed. These firms have a wide range of services, while others emphasize on the specialized practice.
Since Dubai is the fastest growing country in the Middle East, there are numerous concerns, which require services of lawyers. When needing legal assistance, the most competent specialist’s lawyers are preferred. They can help assess the situation as well advice on the proper and right actions to take.
- Law firms in Dubai may be small to large companies. Small law firms mostly specialize in a specific area of law. Large law firms handle more complex legal issues – mostly for public companies, government and other big organizations. Payment for the legal service may vary depending on the size of the firm and its established reputation.
- Law firms govern themselves according to the rules and principles of professional conduct. Attorneys in law firms are bound by rules of ethics that requires obtaining positive results according to the Rules of Dubai and Sharia Law.
Examples of the different areas of laws that law firms in Dubai handles:
- Corporate law – Corporate attorneys work for business related legal issues. They have a wide sort of responsibilities such as filing incorporation papers, advise corporation on liability issues, and write contracts. They also provide assistant in corporate mergers, international trading ventures, etc.
- Defense – Defense attorneys represent client accused of crimes. Dubai is strictly following the Sharia Law – the moral code and religious law of Islam. Violations of several laws are punishable by law.
- Immigration– Dubai is a hub of foreigner from other Middle Eastern countries, Asia, Europe and America. Immigration attorneys represent those who are having concerns regarding immigration and naturalization. Immigration attorneys help become citizens or aid people in danger of being deported out of Dubai.
- Labor – Labor lawyers represent employees or employers caught in labor disputes. They also handle employees who are discriminated against or treated unfairly at work. Dubai houses a variation of work environment – oil industry, construction, IT, entertainment. Labor lawyers help companies who have violated a worker-protection law. Lawyers can also help write employee handbooks and manage human resources decisions, in accordance to the Rules of Dubai and Sharia law.
- Will and trust lawyers handle estate and trusts. Law firms offer service in this area which helps Dubai locals and foreigners write wills and distribution of assets in the event of a family member’s passing.
- Family law– Family law firm provides advises and representation within divorce and separation process, adoption procedure or custody battles.