Cruise Ship Accidents
Cruise ships are like small cities floating on water with its staff and passengers as residents in multi—floor complexes that house clubs, leisure centers, and restaurants. But, like any other city, a cruise ship can also experience the same risks of injuries, both simple and serious ones.
Cruise Ship Activities Injury
how to deal with the case
Yes, cruise ship accidents are very common and if you suffer from one, you need to know how to deal with the case the right way.
suffer from injuries?
- Over-service of alcohol
- Food poisoning
- Rock climbing walls
- Staff members ignoring allergic reaction warnings and requests
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Unsecured objects
- Legionnaire’s disease which is a type of medical condition brought about by bacteria spread through hot tubs and swimming pools
Types of Cruise Ship Injury Claims
There are different types of cruise ship injury claims that can involve the following:
- Falling overboard
- Trip and falls or slip and falls
- Waterside or pool accidents
- Injuries from fire on the cruise ship
- Sustained injuries during onshore excursions
- Norwalk virus or norovirus infection or other types of illnesses caused by unsanitary conditions or contaminated food
- Dock accidents
- Sustained injuries during onboard recreational activities
- Injuries due to navigational errors
- Falling object accidents
- Physical or sexual assault because of unsafe or unsecured premises
- Medical negligence or medical malpractice
Cruise Ship Fire Injuries
Fires aboard cruise ships can cause personal injury and severe trauma. Engine fires might make a cruise ship tilt or list that can lead to the boat taking on water or even sinking. Engine malfunctions can also result to passengers left stranded in the middle of the sea onboard an out of control ship. The boat may also lose power to the air conditioning and sewage systems. Bacteria can infect food if the food storage systems are also affected.
Fire in the engine room can pose serious risks to both crewmembers and passengers. If a cruise ship loses power, this can lead to:
- Mass chaos
Engine fires are critical concerns and can result to issues with the huge diesel power systems running the ship. It is serious since the engines turning the propellers also supply electricity to the electrical systems onboard including electricity for running vacuum toilet systems.
Recoverable Damages in a Cruise Ship Accident Claim
Cruise ship operators and owners owe passengers duty of care. The cruise line is responsible in making sure that there are no unreasonable risks present on the vessel that can make passengers suffer from injuries. Failure to meet these responsibilities and proving that the operators or the cruise line were negligent can let you file for recoverable damages in a cruise ship accident claim. Compensations that you can get include:
- Present and future rehabilitation costs
- Present and future medical costs
- Inhibited earning capacity
- Loss of wages with future wages included
- Suffering and pain
- Claims for wrongful death
How Can a Specialised Cruise Ship Accident Claim Lawyer Be Useful?
With the help of specialised cruise ship accident claim lawyers, you can be sure that you will receive the right and justifiable compensation for any kind of injury that you sustained while onboard. They can guide you in navigating the unfamiliar waters of filing a case against negligent cruise ship owners and operators.
personal injury attorney or lawyer
Filing a case against negligent cruise ship owners and operators.