#1 Top Law Firm in Dubai, UAE
Tips For Choosing A Law Firm in UAE
Best Law Firm in Dubai
Whether seeking legal counsel for yourself, your family, or your company, it is essential to conduct due diligence in deciding on a law firm. This may seem like a tough process with the various law firms in Dubai.
Finding a good lawyer goes beyond picking a random law firm from the phone book or calling the one nearest to you. You need to consider your specific needs and match those to a law firm experienced in meeting those needs.
In Dubai, lawyers are divided into two categories, depending on their functions – the legal consultants and the advocates.
A legal consultant does not practice law before a law court. They generally handle legal jobs that are related to business and other fields. They prepare agreements and assess the legality or otherwise of business transactions. On the other hand, advocates are the lawyers that appear in the courtroom. Their job is to defend or enforce the rights of their clients.
Not every law firm in Dubai has an advocacy and legal consultancy license. Most just have a license of legal consultancy. Having that license alone means that the lawyers in that law firm cannot appear in court. On the other hand, advocacy and legal consultancy license authorize the lawyers to appear in court cases.
Anyone can find out what type of license a Dubai law firm has by looking at the trade name. If a UAE law firm has the phrase ‘advocates and legal consultancy,’ then the law firm can represent clients in court. But if the trade name only has the words ‘legal consultancy’, it means the law firm has no lawyers that can appear in court.
Whether seeking legal advice or legal representation, choosing a law firm with an advocacy and legal consultancy license is always advisable. Litigation is always a possibility in any case. As such, you need a law firm that can represent you in court should the need arise.
Al Obaidli & Al Zarooni Advocates & Legal Consultants (Lawyers UAE) is that law firm. Our services range from commercial transactions to criminal litigation, dispute resolution, and family law.
How to Choose a Law Firm in the UAE?
To hire a law firm for your personal matters or business, you must be well-informed on the type of law firm that is best suitable for you. Here are some factors to consider and tips for choosing the best law firm for you.
- Area of Expertise: Some law firms restrict their expertise to specific fields while others handle general matters. Therefore, you may find a firm specializing solely in corporate matters or construction matters. Before choosing a law firm, make sure to find out what area of law they specialize in. That way, you can ascertain if they are the best law firm to handle your case.
- Reputation and Track Record: When choosing a law firm, find out if they have handled cases similar to yours. If they have, find out how they dealt with those cases. Did all the cases go the long and tedious way of litigation? Or did they settle most of the cases out of court? You need to find out the success rates of the firm. You can do this by asking the firm for references. You may also find testimonials on the law firm’s website.
- Cost: It is essential to be aware of a firm’s charging rates before you hire them so that you are not caught off guard. Find out their billing system. Do they charge hourly, a fixed rate, or a contingency fee basis? Knowing this will help you determine whether they are the right firm for you based on your budget.
- Qualification of Lawyers: You may study the lawyers in the firm you want to hire. Make inquiries as to their credentials, educational background, and organizational affiliations. Speak with them if you need to. Remember, you are out to hire the best legal service possible.
What are the Challenges Associated with Working with a Big Law Firm?
Generally, law firms are considered large or big when they have many lawyers and paralegals in their employ. A big law firm may not always be the best law firm for you.
While hiring a ‘big-name’ law firm might have its pros, it is not without its challenges. These include:
- No Special Attention to Case: A large law firm has tons of cases to deal with. The lawyers may not have the chance to give each case the required dedication, attention, and commitment needed. Your case might just be swallowed up in the rest of the cases as ‘yet another number’.
- Loyalty to the Firm over your Case: When you work with a smaller law firm, you’re hiring an actual lawyer and not a firm. You get to discuss your case with your lawyer, not a paralegal or legal assistant. With big law firms, you may never meet your attorney until you are in court. Or you may have to work with a team of lawyers. As such, it’s someone different each time you communicate with that law firm. You may not get explanations or any guidance when you need it in such cases.
- High Rates: Large law firms are known for charging really high rates. As such, the average person may have to break the bank to afford those rates.
Benefits of Working With a Small Law Firm
Small law firms in Dubai are categorized by the number of attorneys in their employ. A small law firm may consist of 20 lawyers or less. Some of the benefits of hiring a small law firm include:
- Your Case is Top Priority: A small law firm does not have the amount of workload a large law firm has. This means that the lawyers handling each case will do so with undivided attention and total commitment. So, every single client can rest assured that the lawyers will handle their matters with the attention it deserves.
- Client and Lawyer Relationship: As a client hiring a small law firm, you have direct access to the lawyer attending to your case. You have the chance to ask that they communicate every bit of information you deem necessary. This client-lawyer relationship is rare to form in a big law firm.
- Reputation: It is easier to trace the reputation of the lawyer handling your case in a smaller firm. You can track his past records, and the results achieved so far. It gives you the confidence that your case is in good hands. Additionally, individual lawyers in a small law firm are more visible. This means that their own reputation is on the line. They cannot hide behind the reputation of the law firm. As such, they fight tenaciously and aggressively to get the best results for all their cases, no matter how small.
- Affordable Cost: More expensive does not always equal better services. Neither does it guarantee a win. With a small firm, you can get the best professional services at affordable costs. That is a win-win deal.
Choose the Right UAE Law Firm
Al Obaidli & Al Zarooni Advocates & Legal Consultants (Lawyers UAE) is a boutique Dubai law firm with vast experience in family law, criminal law, construction law, and general commercial transactional services. We have a dedicated team of local and Arab-speaking advocates with a right of audience in UAE courts and criminal investigations.
A top-tier law firm in Dubai, Al Obaidli & Al Zarooni Advocates & Legal Consultants (Lawyers UAE), has been serving global and regional clients through its distinctive services and practice areas for more than a decade. Being a full-service law firm, Al Obaidli & Al Zarooni Advocates & Legal Consultants (Lawyers UAE) have had the privilege and the benefits of meeting the needs of various clients with regards to litigation, dispute resolution, and legal consultancy. We are a team of highly qualified legal professionals providing a broad spectrum of legal services in Dubai, UAE.
If you need legal services in the UAE, contact us immediately. We are committed and dedicated to meet all your legal needs.